See what I got in my mailbox today? The Tutoring Revolution book I ordered from Amazon!
This book provides in depth research through four themes:
- a cognitive science perspective
- an outcome-based education approach
- a behaviorally anchored mastery learning model
- a collaborative instructional consultation model of service delivery
This book also provides research on tutoring as a vital education practice to help more children and adults better reach their personal learning potential. I just went over the introduction and table of contents. The topics seem to be very intriguing and I can't wait to read and share my thoughts with you!
I'll be discussing topics such as...
- What do we know about tutoring?
- Is tutoring effective?
- Does tutoring always work?
- Does tutoring work for all students?
- Is tutoring the best intervention?
- Is tutoring more effective for younger or older students?
- Do tutors need training?
- How much tutoring is beneficial?
- Why does tutoring work?