In this post, I'll be sharing when I choose instructor-led versus virtual classroom.
Use Instructor-led classroom (Face-to-face)
- The learning objectives require hands-on work process observation.
- Participant motivation is low.
- There is a low development budget.
- Nonverbal communication, leadership, interpersonal skills, or in-person group interaction is required.
- The content is politically sensitive.
- The class seeks to change attitudes in addition to skills and/or knowledge. Click here to learn more about skills, knowledge and attitudes.
Use Virtual classroom (WebEx, Adobe Connect, Google Hangouts, etc)
- The audience is geographically dispersed.
- There are few facilitators available, or you are the only teacher.
- The participant population is rather homogeneous in knowledge of the content area.
- There are a moderate number of participants.
- Participants would benefit from interaction with other participant.
- The training is a combination of knowledge and skills. Click here to learn more about skills, knowledge and attitudes.
So which method do you use?
Source from ASTD Designing Learning Program