ADDIE Learning Model - Analysis
From my experience as a tutor and full time learning professional, ADDIE model can apply anything related to learning, training and even tutoring. Are you ready to learn about ADDIE model?
Here you go: (Source from ASTD Designing Learning program)
Step 1 AnalysisSometimes called "Training Needs Assessment," it includes
- definition of individual performance results
- identifying performance measures for the task to be trained
- identifying skill or knowledge requirements
- determining level of instruction needed based on the performer analysis
- creating an evaluation strategy for training
So how does it apply to tutoring?
Start asking the following questions before creating your lesson plan. Let's use tutoring Spanish as an example.
- What will my students learn at the end of the day? For example, say "hi" and "how are you?" in Spanish.
- What are the end results? For example, able to start a basic conversation with a Spanish speaker.
- What specific knowledge does my student need? For example, the correct pronunciation of "hi" and "how are you?".
- What is my student's current level and knowledge about this subject? For example, my student has no prior knowledge about Spanish.
- How do I measure the competency and knowledge acquired? For example, create a role play to start a conversation in Spanish with the student.
Hope this provides you a good starting point when you go through the "Analysis" phase of the ADDIE model. We will talk about the D or "Design" phase tomorrow!
Feel free to post your comment below :)